As a former Army officer, parent, campaigner and community volunteer, Sarah is now standing for Parliament as South Swindon’s Labour and Cooperative candidate. Sarah is a life-long feminist and is passionate about equal rights for women and men. She is the wife, daughter and grand-daughter of feminists. Sarah’s inspiration to be a woman of action and ideas in the world is her mother Caroline, an NHS doctor for 40 years and mother of five. Caroline showed Sarah that trails can and should be blazed. It seems apt that Sarah has three daughters who she hopes will grow up in a world where they can realise their dreams.
Sarah’s pledges for South Swindon are:
- Protect jobs in Swindon as we enter Brexit negotiations
- Fight to increase per pupil funding in real terms for Swindon’s schools
- Intervene to prevent creeping privatisation of our local health services
- Promote integration of health and social care services
- Protect affordable housing as your right
You can contact Sarah in these ways: